Practical Assistance & Accommodations

Title IX coordinators can help you address the practical challenges of life at Yale following an experience of sexual misconduct. They can assist with a range of accommodations based on the specifics of each case:

  • Academic accommodations (e.g. tutoring, extensions on assignments, course changes)
  • Workplace accommodations (e.g. schedule changes, reassignments, leave of absences)
  • Residential accommodations on campus (e.g. change in room assignments, residential college transfers)
  • Other accommodations, determined on a case-by-case basis (e.g. social and public spaces)

Many accommodations can be made while protecting your identity. Some may require the Title IX coordinator to work with other University personnel, such as academic deans, Human Resources, and housing staff. The Title IX coordinator will always contact you before taking any action, and will not share any details of your experience with other personnel. View more information about confidentiality.

Related Practical Assistance

  • Visa and immigration assistance
    If you have concerns about how a complaint or an accommodation may affect your immigration status, Title IX coordinators can liaise with the Office of International Students and Scholars at Yale (OISS), where immigration advisors can provide guidance on how accommodations may affect the visa status(es) of international students, scholars, and their spouses or dependents (including Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals students). You will always be part of the decision-making process and the choices regarding whether or how to proceed are generally up to you. In the rare event of an immediate or ongoing threat, the University may need to take additional action to protect your safety and the safety of the community.
  • Additional accommodations for individuals​ with disabilities
    Special arrangements can be made for individuals with disabilities who are seeking assistance from the Sexual Harassment and Assault Response & Education (SHARE) Center, Title IX, the Yale Police Department, and the University-Wide Committee on Sexual Misconduct (UWC). The Title IX Office can coordinate with the Resource Office on Disabilities in order to provide necessary assistance.

Not seeing what you need?